Butwal chamber of commerce & industry (BuCCI), a pioneer business management organization in western nepal, has been established in 1953 AD (2010 B.S) by a name Butwal Byapar Sangh. Later, Butwal Byapar Sangh was converted into current BuCCI with wider objective and goal. It is an autonomous, non-profit making and non-governmental organization. It’s main objective is to render assistance in safeguarding professional rights of private business entrepreneur there after enhance trade, industry, and socio-economic development of its territory. As required by its mandate and the set objectives, BuCCI has imparted many commendable roles in the development, expansion and diversification of trade, bringing about big industries, higher educational establishments, health institutions and other infrastructure developments in Butwal since its inception to till date. Now, it has incorporated the commercialization of agriculture and tourism promotion within its scope of work. Thus a founder member of Federation of Nepelese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI) and a golden jubilee celebrity organization in westen nepal has been carrying on meritorious deeds at the back and promising to keep on such activities in the days to come. In the present day context it has more advanced vision and mission as under.
To transform Butwal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BuCCI) into reliable service provider, gifted with farsighted leadership, financially well off, endowed with standard management system and capable secretariat, marked with representative participation and therby a competent chamber.
To provide support to national economy through local socio-economic development in conjunction with protection and fostering care of professional rights and interest of business entrepreneurs.
- To protect and promote the interest of trade and industrial sector and secure professional rights of business entrepreneurs.
- To work for the commercialization of agriculture & tourism promotion in cooperation with like minded organizations within the country and abroad as well.
- To optimally utilize the local resources to meet the local needs, import substitutions and for export.
- To cooperate strengthening national economy by developing good relation with stakeholders and create friendly atmosphere of goodwill among trade and industrial community.
- To collect and disseminate latest information to entrepreneurs on contemporary financial activities, technology and marketing situation.
- To develop relations with agencies at regional, national and international level and organize trainings, workshops, seminar, fairs and exhibitions to exchange cooperation and carry on research jobs appropriate to BuCCI.
- To try to solve the disputes arising in trade and to help establish healthy industrial relation.
- To adopt modern management system and build up all round capability of BuCCI.
- To cooperate and help in maintaining quality products.
- To provide support to government policies brought in favor of business community as well as to the nation and resist in case of disfavor.
- Furthermore, in view of the geo-strategic position and other comparative and competitive advantage of the religion, BuCCI has prioritized the following six major sectors for the overall development of Butwal and Rupandehi district.
- To establish and recognize Butwal/Rupandehi as the major trading hub of Nepal by the development, expansion and diversification of trade and export promotion.
- To recognize Rupandehi as the major industrial district of Nepal.
- To commercialize agriculture sector.
- To develop Butwal and Rupandehi as a center for Health.
- To develop Butwal and Rupandehi as a center for the education.